SHORT TERM MISSION TRIPS
“As you have sent me into the world, I have sent them into the world.” – John 17:18
We want to be a church that helps extend the ministry of Jesus to others both locally and internationally. One way we accomplish this is through short-term mission trips, sending those who will effectively express the ministry of Jesus Christ.
These trips allow us to serve and connect with God in new ways and through new experiences. Whether this is your first trip or your tenth, short-term mission trips are a great opportunity to learn, serve and share in bringing the gospel of Jesus to the nations.
We have a variety of mission opportunities through the spring and summer that may be of interest to you:
- Medical/Dental – If you are involved in the medical field and are interested in sharing your expertise as a blessing to others, this trip may be of interest to you. If you have no medical experience but have passion for serving others, we welcome you to be a part of this experience by assisting medical professionals.
- Construction – Whether you are a licensed contractor or you just really want to use a hammer, this is a great mission opportunity for you. Be prepared for long days filled with physical labor and getting a bit messy.
- Student – These mission opportunities are designed for middle and high school students only. Students will have a wide variety of experiences on these trips, including discipleship, vision, construction, and a lot of learning.
- Family – Serving on a trip alongside your family can have a significant impact. With your family, these trips will allow you to experience, process and pray about what God is doing in a specific area.
- Vision – Vision trips will provide you with hands on experience where you are able to observe and engage in Gods work all over the world. These trips can provide an excellent opportunity for God to expand your heart for people and understand the gospel in an international context.
- Discipleship – If you have a passion to teach others about Jesus, or are interested in learning how, check out these trips! Opportunities include, leading vacation bible school, evangelism, bible studies and maybe even sharing about Jesus to a large group.
2017 Mission Trips
Dominican Republic – February 2017 / Medical Dental
If you are involved in the medical field and are interested in sharing your expertise as a blessing to others, this trip may be of interest to you. If you have no medical experience but have a passion for serving others, we welcome you to be a part of this experience by assisting medical professionals. A team of 15 individuals, doctors, nurses, and dentists will travel to Hato Mayor, Dominican Republic this February. Each day, the team will travel to various churches surrounding Hato Mayor to set up medical and dental clinics free to the surrounding community. Over 400 individuals will be served on this trip.
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity please attend our informational meeting on Sunday, November 13 at 4pm in the Multipurpose Room, West Creek Campus.
If you are not able to attend but want more information please contact Carlos Collazo at firstname.lastname@example.org
Dominican Republic – July 28-Aug 4 2017(Construction: Rising Freshmen & up w/parent, or 18 & up)
Through supporting our partners in the Dominican Republic, we built classrooms for the children of the church to use, as well as some expansion work for the small church buildings in the villages there. Learn more about this trip!
Dominican Republic Kids Camp – July 21-28 2017(Discipleship 18 & up, or 15 and up w/parent)
This trip will be working with our partners of La Iglesia Shalom Church in the DR. The main objective will be to conduct a summer day camp for the kids in Hato Mayor and surrounding areas. We will be teaching the kids Bible stories, crafts, sports and more. This trip is a great opportunity for an introduction to missions! Students age 15 and older may attend with a parent. Rising seniors and older may apply to go alone. The preference will be for the attendance to be split between youth and adults. Learn more about this trip!
Ethiopia – June 29th-July 9th or July 6th-July 16th 2017(Vision & Discipleship – 18 & up)
We will be sending a team of 15 individuals to work at a sports camp called Camp Langano. Each day the team will help to facilitate various programs such as soccer, volleyball, relay races, lake day and a lot of other hilarious things. You will also have many opportunities to share about Jesus to the kids and coaches. Almost all of the campers come from a Muslim background. The team will also spend time hearing the incredible testimonies of the Ethiopia staff members, stories you won’t soon forget. Learn more about this trip!